Smith's Tropical Paradise Luau
MONTHLY CALL IN SPECIAL
Please call to place your reservation for Smith's Tropical Paradise Luau and you will receive an additional $9 off per adult on an additional activity. Must book another activity with Smith's Luau to receive additional discount.
A popular combination is Smith's Luau and the Fern Grotto Cruise, a 1.5 hour boat ride up the Wailua River. Be sure to add the luau to cart before using this link!
Enjoy a special evening under the stars celebrating Hawaiian culture at Smith’s Luau, which is held at their tropical luau garden in a torch-lit amphitheater along the Wailua River. After a shell lei greeting upon your arrival, there will be several cultural presentations, including the conch shell blowing and lighting of the torches. Then watch the traditional imu ceremony, the unearthing of the roast pig from the earthen oven.
It will then be time for the big luau feast. Savor a wide variety of delicacies, such as kalua pork, teriyaki beef, chicken adobo, mahi mahi (island fish), lomi salmon, vegetables, salads, rice and of course, dessert.
After dinner, enjoy an exciting Polynesian show with music and dances from Hawaii, New Zealand, Samoa, Tahiti, the Philippines, China and Japan.
Smith’s Luau Highlights:
- Shell lei greeting
- Stroll through the 30-acre gardens or take a narrated tram tour
- Watch the traditional imu ceremony – see how the ancient Hawaiians cooked kalua pig wrapped in ti leaves in an earthen oven
- Enjoy the delicious buffet dinner featuring a wide variety of foods
- Mai Tais, beer, wine, standard bar drinks and soft drinks are available throughout the dinner hour
- Watch the spectacular luau show after dinner
- Kalua Pork
- Chicken Adobo
- Beef Teriyaki
- Sweet ‘n’ Sour Mahi Mahi
- Lomi Salmon
- Fresh Poi
- Hawaiian Sweet Potato
- Macaroni Salad
- Namasu Salad
- Fried Rice
- Tropical Desserts
Smith's Luau also offers a Show Only package. This package skips the luau feast and only includes the after dinner evening show.
Samoan Fire-Knife Dance
Smith's Luau Sign
Welcome to Smiths Luau
- Where and When:
- From March to October, check-in for the full luau is at 5:00 pm.
From November to February, check-in for the full luau is at 4:45 pm.
Check-in for the show only is at 7:15 pm.
Wailua Marina State Park View Map
3-5971 Kuhio Hwy
Kapaa, HI 96746
- Operation Days:
- January, November and December: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
February through May and September, October: Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays.
June through August: Mondays through Fridays.
- Approx. 3.5 hours
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Infant pricing (children 2 and under) allows for children to have their own food and seat if you would like.