Luau Kalamaku - Kilohana Plantation
Please note there are
multiple Marriott Resorts on Kauai. For guests staying at the Kauai
Marriott Resort and Beach Club, the luau is closer to the resort than
any pick up location offered!
Visit Luau Kalamaku and experience Kauai’s "Best Luau Show" (according to Lonely Planet), featuring twice as many performers than any other island luau. Another unique feature is that luau guests can enjoy a train ride through Kilohana Plantation prior to the luau festivities (this is an optional add-on).
Upon arrival, you can watch or take part in a variety of arts & crafts and watch the traditional imu ceremony, where the kalua roast pig is removed from the earthen oven, in which the ancient Hawaiians cooked their foods. After the luau activities, sit down to a mouthwatering all-you-care-to-eat buffet dinner (see menu below). Later, watch Kauai’s largest cast of performers bring the history and culture of Hawaii to life with music and dance.
Kalamaku Luau Highlights:
- Takes place at the historic Kilohana Plantation near Lihue
- Island arts & crafts demonstrations
- Traditional imu ceremony
- Delicious luau buffet dinner and open bar
- Authentic and award-winning show featuring island’s largest cast of performers
Special Packages and Upgrades:
Show Only: The Show Only option skips the luau buffet and has a 7 pm check-in and includes any one beverage.
Premium Gold Seating: The Premium Gold Seating Option seats you in the front stage premium seating area.
Train Ride: Prior to the luau feast, enjoy a train ride through the 105 acres of the Kalamaku Plantation. Things you will get to see along the way include historic plantation homes, a low land forest, and taro and sugarcane fields. There will also be a stop to feed the plantation's herd of wild pigs, goats and sheep, plus you'll get to see their horses, cattle, clydesdales and donkeys.
- Kauai Fresh Green Salad with Choice of Two Dressings – Romaine Lettuce, Organic Red Leaf, Cucumber, Tomato and Red Radish VEGAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Papaya Seed Dressing – Fresh Papaya, Papaya Seeds, Clover Honey, Mayonnaise, Lihing Mui (Dried Plum), Lemon Juice, Salt and Pepper, Buttermilk (Eggs) VEGETARIAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Balsamic Vinaigrette – Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil, Fresh Basil, Sugar, Aji Mirin (Rice Wine), Garlic, Black Pepper, Salt VEGETARIAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Potato Macaroni Salad – Potatoes, Macaroni, Onion, Celery, Garlic, Green Onion, Mayonnaise, Green Peas, Salt and Pepper (Eggs) VEGETARIAN
- Vegetarian Tofu Salad – Tofu, Fresh Tomato, Red Ogo, Maui Onion, Yamasa Shoyu, Powdered Ginger, Sugar, Aji-Mirin (Rice Wine, Glucose Syrup, Corn Syrup, Salt) and Sesame Oil VEGAN
- Fresh Pineapple and Papaya Platter – Hawaiian Grown Pineapple, Locally Grown Sunrise Papaya VEGAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Lomi Lomi Salmon – Tomatoes, Diced Salmon, Onions, Green Onions, Salt GLUTEN FREE
- Taro Rolls – Taro, Wheat Flour, Yeast, Water, Food Color and Eggs, Served with Honey Butter VEGETARIAN
- Vegetable Chow Mein – Chow Mein Egg Noodles, Bok Choy, Carrots, Celery, Onions, Bell Peppers, Wonbok, Garlic, Shoyu, Lemon Juice, Sambal (Chili Paste), Sesame Oil, Soybean Oil, Vegetable Base, Sugar VEGETARIAN
- Steamed Jasmine Rice – Aromatic Thai Jasmine Rice, Star Anise, Salt, Water, Lemongrass VEGAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Hawaiian Smashed Purple Sweet Potatoes – Kauai Grown Purple Sweet Potatoes, Butter, Coconut Milk, Half and Half, Nutmeg, Salt and Pepper VEGETARIAN ~GLUTEN FREE
- Yellow Curry Ratatouille – Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini, Red Bell Pepper, Onion, Carrot, Baby Corn, Chinese Long Bean, Fresh Ginger, Lemongrass, Yellow Curry Paste, Fresh Garlic, Coconut Milk, Kaffir Lime Leaf and Thai Basil, Vegetable Base, Salt, Soybean Oil VEGETARIAN
- Teriyaki Chicken – Marinated Chicken Thighs in Shoyu, Ginger, Garlic, Water and Sugar. Top with Teri Glaze: Shoyu, Ginger, Garlic, Water, Sugar and Corn Starch
- Pan Seared Mahi Mahi (Fish) with Tartar Sauce – Fillet of Mahi, Worcestershire Sauce (Distilled White Vinegar, Molasses, Water, Sugar, Onions, Anchovies, Salt, Garlic, Cloves, Tamarind Extract, Chili Pepper Extract), Salt, White Pepper, Flour, Lemon Juice and Eggs
- Kalua Pork – Whole Pig Roasted Underground in and Imu (Hawaiian Earth Oven) Wrapped in Banana Leaves, Salt, Liquid Smoke GLUTEN FREE
- Rice Pudding with Dark Rum Sauce – Pudding (White Rice, Condensed Sweetened Milk, Brown Sugar, Vanilla Extract, Unsalted Butter, Salt) VEGETARIAN
- Rum Sauce – Water, Dark Rum, Unsalted Butter, Salt, Lemon Juice, Corn Starch, Brown Sugar VEGETARIAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Haupia – Coconut Milk, Sugar, Salt and Corn Starch VEGAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Banana Cream Pie – Butter, Sweetened Coconut Flakes, Eggs, Salt, Sugar, Corn Starch, Half and Half, Vanilla, Crème de Banana, Egg Whites VEGETARIAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake – Topping (Fresh Pineapple, Brown Sugar, Unsalted Butter, Dark Rum, Cornstarch), Cake Milk, Unsalted Butter, Eggs, All Purpose Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder and Salt, Comes with a Dollop of Whipped Cream VEGETARIAN
Plantation Owner's Evening Option:
This option is a combination of the Luau Kalamaku evening show and a True Taste of Kauai, a specialized dinner at Gaylord's Restaurant at Kilohana.
5:00-6:30: Enjoy craft demonstrations & Hawaiian games
5:30-6:10: Catch a ride on the Kauai Plantation Railway (additional charges apply)
5:00-7:30: Open bar
6:15-6:30: Imu ceremony
6:30-7:30: Dinner, dessert, coffee, live music and traditional hula
7:30-8:15: Main show - Kalamaku
8:15-8:30: Photo session with the cast
Plantation Owner's Evening Dinner Menu (subject to change without notice):
- Appetizer: Shrimp & Scallop Spring Rolls OR a Pickle Beet Salad
- Salad Choice: Kilohana Garden Green Salad OR Island Caprese
- Entree Choice: Sesame Seed Seared Fresh Catch OR Cumin and Coriander Scented Pork Tenderloin OR Vegetarian Special of the Evening
- Choice of Dessert and Coffee: Banana Cream Pie OR Profiteroles with White Chocolate Gelato OR Mandarin Orange Anglaise, Kauai Coffee/Hot Tea